We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hotmail overseas email problem.

frybluff

Likes # 0

I have been speaking to Dell's support, which is based in India, to sort out an issue with my new laptop. They keep saying they have sent me emails, with direct email addresses, for me to contact the guy I've dealing with, in case problem recurrs. I don't receive these emails, and they insist they have sent them. I've checked they've got my email address right, and their emails aren't going to "junk".

I've spoken to my security provider (McAfee), to ask if their system could be blocking them, but they refuse to discuss it, and refer me back to Dell.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How are you accessing e-mails?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

PS I'm receiving UK based emails, fine. As I'm not expecting an emails from overseas, I don't know if it's India that's a problem, or Dell (in India).

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you have misunderstood me. Do you use an e-mail client eg Outlook or webmail?

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

You need to check with your Internet provide re blocking, not the anti virus provider. should make no difference as to what part of the world emails originate from normally . Is your firewall blocking them ?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Did reply to your post, but it disappeared (bit like my emails).

Am using Hotmail via Bing and Windows Live Messenger. Had a load of Windows security updates, in last few days. Tend to think one of these has done something to firewall, to block incoming emails from Dell in India. I was receiving them OK, a few days ago. Trouble is, I don't feel confident to start "messing" with advanced firewall settings.

If I go to help, in Advanced Firewall, it tells me it's managed by McAfee, and refer to them. McAfee won't even discuss it, and refer me to Dell, and Dell ..... (you now what's coming) can't email me!!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Bing is a search engine and Messenger is a chat service. Are you using your browser to read hotmail? If so it should not be a Firewall problem. Are they spelling your email address absolutely correctly?

Hope you are only using McAfee for the trial period. It doesn't get good reviews nowadays.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...