We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

deleting cookies

Boy Zone
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I always thought that by going into exployer, tools, internet option and then browse history and "delete"; cleared all the history. yet when I going into settings and view files I sometimes see 100's of cookies. Why?? I know I can delete all these at this stage but what does delete browse history on exit actually do?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

why not use CCleaner - you can choose which ones to keep. It's about the only registry cleaner I would entertain.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

its deleting temporary internet files stored on your hard drive, not deleting cookies

As stated Ccleaner will clear everything (apart from what you elect to keep)

as well as being a sfe registry cleaner / uninstall tool /startup program manager - overall a very useful little program to help keep your PC running smoothly and quickly

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Tools.Internet Options.Delete and a box will open just tick the ones that you want to remove.Make sure cookies is ticked.

Of couse if you also have Firefox you have to do the same with that.

Like this post  
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Before ticking as resolved, it would have been nice to have heard that this sorted out the problem thanks to those who responded.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Try the following:

Open My Computer Right Click on a drive Select Properties Select Disk Cleanup.

This is Microsofts own disk junk cleaner.

Terry

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I use "delete on exit" in IE9. It deletes whatever you see as ticked when you click the delete button.

I find having "preserve web site favourites" ticed and then ticking "Temporary files", "Cookies" and "Form Data" works well for me.

Every so often I will untick the favourites and tick everything else and do a full clean.

If you have a lot of log in and cookie info for sites you use then save these "export them" so that you can reimport them after a clean up and not have to enter them all again manually.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen