We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Startup Programs

March Wind

Likes # 0

XP pro.

Could you tell me where do I find all my programs that PC has to load when starting up? I am told I could delete some so that window starts up faster. also when I want to do something it is too slow in opening up. thank you

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I have now copied the info from MSCONFIG How can I put it on the forum for you to tell me what I do not need?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

When you say copied,what do you mean? Copied to notepad or word or what?

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Well, that was very helpful of me, wasn't it! Please ignore me.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

exdragon

I was waiting with baited breath for your words of wisdom.LOL

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

March Wind:

MSCONFIG will only show a small number of programs which run at startup. A very good program called autoruns will show you everything, and you need to work through the results very carefully!

autoruns

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Too much for me to take in. I can follow Ccleaner but I want to know what to take off and I do not know how to put the screen shot on this forum for you to tell me which I should disable

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Use this to upload your screenshot Photobucket.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

If you're having trouble with Photobucket, Ccleaner will make a text file for you if you want showing all startup items and you could copy and paste the contents of that file into a reply box here.

It's really only the items that have Yes in front that matter, however if you want to post the complete contents of the file OK.

Open Ccleaner, click on Tools, left hand side, click on Startup, left hand side, click on save to text file, bottom right, browse to where you want to save the file, My Documents? and save.

Open the saved file, click Edit on menu bar and select all, click Edit again and copy.

Log in here then right click in the reply box under your question and select Paste and click Post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

Watch new Grolsch ad that combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015