We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Android Tablet Storing Movies On Micro SDCard

tabletnewbie

Likes # 0

I have recently purchased an Android tablet and would appreciate any advice/help regards firstly, if I want to store movies on my 32gb micro sdhc card I believe I can take a DVD and 'rip' it then store it on the card in a smaller format. My question is what is the best software to 'rip' a DVD, even if I have to pay for it and is it easy to do. Secondly I understand that I could also go to a website and buy a movie download, can I do this to my storage card or do I do this to my laptop first than drag the movie over to my storage card? If this method is best then any advice re websites with a lot of choice of movies would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any info.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I believe the law has still not been changed in the UK to allow personal use RIPs of commercial DVDs.

You should be in a permitted country to do this.

Defeating DRM encoding can also be illegal in some countries

See here

Like this post
tabletnewbie

Likes # 0

Thank you for your reply. If the alternative is legal as in purchasing a movie online from a website are there any recommendations ie. sites that have a large choice of films and as before my question is can I download it straight to the micro sd card or do I have to save to my laptop etc.

Many thanks again and any help or advice would be appreciated.

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Try ''ANYDVD''

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"can I download it straight to the micro sd card" as a location no reason why not and as long as there is enough room for the file size.

Of course it would depend on how you have the micro sd card formatted. for example: FAT32 has an individual file size limit of 1 byte less than 4Gb More Info

Then you have to think about Android tablet where you are going to play the film and what file system that equipment can use. No use thinking to format the micro sd card to NTFS to take files bigger than 4Gb if the tablet won't be able to read it.

Not so simple to answer....

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Like this post
tabletnewbie

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your replies and advice, at least now I have some idea about software etc. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......