We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connect Laptop to TV usign VGA to RCA

2011mclaren

Likes # 0

Hi, i just purchased the following wire: http://www.amazon.co.uk/1-8M-VGA-LEAD-CABLE-LAPTOP/dp/B000P3NZ68

Will this help connect my Laptop to my TV, P.S my laptop only has VGA to output, and my TV has usual YELLOW WHITE RED inputs for RCA on the side which don't match with this wire. Could i still connect it here.

However, the back of my tv has RED BLUHE GREEN inputs that match the wires.

Help PLZ

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

RTFM

Like this post
2011mclaren

Likes # 0

What does that Mean??

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

My suggestion is rather than post asking if it will work woud be to try it and then if necessary post. It will not do any damage to either the TV or PC.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

I think Batch is suggesting you read the manual.

If I remember correctly the main problem is different Sync between the laptop and the TV. I connect my laptop to my TV with a VGA cable (my 40" Sony is fitted with a VGA socket - if you are looking at a new large screen TV then yours may be fitted with VGA as well). VGA to VGA with a suitable cable will work but I think you may have problems trying the Composite TV settings (Yellow is Video the White/Red is Audio). The Red/Green/Blue is for Component video where the TV expects the leads to feed it with those colours. Do take care as connecting the wrong sync to a TV may cause expensive problems on either the TV or laptop or even both.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

This is a box of tricks that will convert VGA to Component video http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/14887-converter-vga-component-video-cpt-386-cyp.html but it is expensive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'