We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer not Printing

ponytail

Likes # 0

My wife had a job application emailed to her and she filled it in on line and then tried to print it.She was using her laptop nothing printed off so I checked on printer queue and it said under status, error so I then clicked on print again and went into printer queue and the status said printing but it then changed to error.The printer is wireless.I then went into her email account on my PC filled in the application form clicked print and it printed ok so it seems there is a problem between the laptop and the printer as the printer works fine when I use it.Would it help to remove the printer from the laptop and then add it back and if so how do I do that.Any advice welcome.It is two late now 10.15pm so will check for any replies in the morning

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

To delete a printer you need to go to Printers and Faxes from the Start button. Once opened just hightlight the printer and click the 'Delete this Printer' under 'Printer Tasks' to the left of the main window.

Once deleted just follow the 'Add Printer' wizard from the 'Printer Tasks'

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

When you do what recap suggested,if Windows does't have a driver, you'll need the installation CD for the printer

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi onthelimit When you say if windows does not have a driver I'll need the installation disc for the printer.How can I tell if windows has a driver where do I look and if not what then is the procedure as this is all new to me

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

If you go to the printer makers website, you will be able to download the latest driver. This will not be needed if you have the installation disc for the printer. useing that you can reinstall the printer useing the instructions on the disc

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks