We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wireless network problem

morters
Resolved

Likes # 0

I can send and receive e-mails. My partner can receive and send emails. I can send my partner an e-mail but she cannot send me an email. We are both using Windows 7 but have different ISPs. This seems to have started about the same time as I was trying but failed to set up a connection between her laptop downstairs and my new Epson SX535WD wireless printer upstairs.

My failure to set up the connection just shows my complete lack of understanding of a wireless network (?) and I’m pretty certain that fiddling around with my computer settings for network and internet trying to set up the connection has caused the email problem but have no idea how to undo what I’ve done.

Can anyone help me sort out the mess and confusion, please?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Sorry to correct again. The SX535WD does have an ethernet socket.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Great, I don't doubt you, but I could not see it on the review I was looking at.

In which case, Yes, a Homeplug would definitely work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014