We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Miniature Screen Views

chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Hi On my desktop computer this morning [Windows 7 ] I opened an email from PCAdvisor giving the latest news and I clicked on to one report saying New iPad overheating. When I did this the page that came up did not fill the screen as normal, but was a miniscule panel and the text was so tiny, it was impossible to read. Going out of that and trying to get into Google, the same situation occurs, the heading for Google is so tiny, a stamp would cover it and again, impossible to read. The same situation with any web page I click on. However, my email section is not affected, writing is normal size and legible. Please can anyone help??

Like this post
chestnutcake

Likes # 0

PS
Peter, I also tried pressing and holding control button and turning the mouse away but no success.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

What version of Internet Explorer 8 or 9 ?

With you saying the problem started when you viewed the i Pad overheating item, I wondered whether it was a corrupt flash cookie from the swf article.

Do you ever delete your temporary internet files and/or your normal web cookies,( not talking about Flash cookies), bearing in mind that if you delete cookies sites that recognise you may ask you to sign in again?

enter link description here

Normal ways of deleting Flash Cookies

However seems if you have IE 8 or 9 and the latest Flash you can delete from the browser instead doing the above.

I was reading this article that mentions the top left small showing of a swf file, however that doesn't account for the follow up when all other non swf web pages are showing small top left, which made me think of corrupt Flash cookies or a full temp internet folder. There is an update for Flash that stops this problem or a workaround mentioned for Flash Player 10.3 and IE9.

Maybe the problem isn't with Flash or a corrupt Flash cookie, or an outdated version of Flash with IE9, or an overfull temp internet folder, however thought I'd mention these as possibilities, that either other members or the person you know who fixes computers can consider.

Like this post
chestnutcake

Likes # 0

Who wants a good giggle?? - I am NOT a dizzy blonde but I will reluctantly admit that written on my forehead, in invisible ink of course, are two words STUPID IDIOT

Peter not only did you advise me to Press and Hold down the Control Button whilst turning your Mouse Wheel away from you but my Sister Eve, simultaneously sent the same advice. I regrettably, did not read the instructions correctly - missed out the scroll wheel bit - so I held and pressed down the Control Button and actually got hold of the mouse and turned the whole thing around so that it was pointing towards me !!!!!!

Eve came around earlier and within a couple of seconds, she had returned everything to normal, yes, moving the scroll wheel away. Of course, she knows how stupid I can be but this time, she thinks I really surpassed myself - definitely awarded the hat for being a prize CHUMP.

Thanks to all who have responded. big relief and even I have had to laugh at myself and I hope I have lightened up the Forum a little.

Marg

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014