We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop memory increase.Is it worth doing?

Dibble101

Likes # 0

I have an Acer AS3810TZG running an Intel Pentium 1.3Ghz processor and 4GB of memory, Windows 7. The graphics use up to 2.2GB of memory. My question is will it be worthwhile to increase the memory to 8GB. Would I see an improvement?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure but if it is a 32 bit W/7 the answer would be No.

Like this post
Dibble101

Likes # 0

It's 64 bit W7.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well I would think the answer would be a yes to increase it.

I tried crucial with mine and it said I could upgrade to 8gb but it could not tell me what I could upgrade it with.

Like this post
Dibble101

Likes # 0

Just having a look at my resources monitor. It's showing the following:- Hardware reserved 98MB In Use 3055MB Standby 915MB Free 24MB

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Dibble101

Sorry but not sure how that work.just tried the Resource monitor on mine.But as I have never used it before not sure what can be done.

As we have 4Gb installed and it is only using a fraction of it.In performance in Taskmanager mine is using 1.2 Gb so I should have enough.

I know that you can increase the memory in use but I have only read about it and never tried it.

Best waiting for someone that can help you properly with your problem.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Probably something like this you have to do but like I said wait for someone that knows what they are doing to the proper way of doing it.

Go to control panel>system and security>system
Click on advanced tab
In the performance section click on settings
Again click on Advanced > click on Change in the Virtual Memory section
Change the virtual memory [pagefile size]
restart your computer

Now I would normally have checked it out for you but I am using my 32Bit computer at the moment.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...