We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer - Small Screen Problem

johnoo
Resolved

Likes # 0

When I click on a link to bring up a new web page it comes up as a small sceen & I have to click on the icon in the top right hand corner to get it to full screen. This has only been occuring for a few days, it used to come up as a full screen directly. Could I have advise on what has caused the problem & how do I correct it. Note I am using XP

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

When the window opens in a small scree, move the mouse to a corner and you will see a small black cross, drag to full size.Now when you open a window it shoud remember the setting and open full size.

Terry

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Terry, Sorry, still does not work, I'm getting frustrated with this!

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Managed to cure it on mine, which may work on yours, if you are using Bing as your homepage. I downloaded Windows Live Essentials, which sets Bing as the default browser. I don't know if it replaced the "Bing" I was using, but problem has disappeared.

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Frybuff, Thanks for help, but I'm using BTYahoo as home page. Now getting frantic!!!

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Now even more so!!!!!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure if you've resolved the issue but you could try this, open IE then open a link. Go back to the first window and close. On the remaining window, drag sides to full screen. Close the window.

Like this post
johnoo

Likes # 0

Rdave, You are wonderful!It worked, now why did I not think of that! Just shows you the power of Forums & the help people give to others in this world. It was only a small problem but very annoying. Wonder what caused it?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Internet Explorer has been around a long time perhaps it was having a 'senior moment' /:)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July