We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Permissions for Outlook

Likes # 0

My old computer failed (an Acer two weeks out of three year warranty!!!). My backed up files were on an external hard drive and I recovered them using Acronis onto the new net-book I was forced to buy. So far so good. BUT although I have recovered the Outlook pst file onto the net-book Outlook will not give me access to it saying I need permission. I suspect that the User Account Control system is somehow blocking me. I'm the only user of these machines - how do I persuade Outlook to let me use my files?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

You may find these two articles of help in resolving your problem.

Take ownership

Help tool

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...