We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how can i save 4OD to my pc

loonogs

Likes # 0

Hi all, looking at a great documentary on China on Channel 4, on 4 OD does anyone know if there is any downloader or software available to save this stream to my Hard drive

Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not legal I'm afraid. As a by-the-by have you searched for a video capture software. Ideal for your web-cam conversations. Non free that I can find, sorry.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

You can watch it on Catchup

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

That was Episode 1, Maybe you could stream it to your tv and record it through your TV?

Episode 2 is on tv Mon 19 March, 8PM so you should be able to record that ok and the 3rd following week. (I am assuming you have the equipment to record tv)

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Or this

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

A lot of stuff ends up findable on YouTube.

It's bound to be repeated anyway. Set an email alert or look out for it and record it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I just noticed an old documentary about The Great Wall of China that looks fascinating. I'll put that on my 'one to watch' list.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Read the replies to the problem and I'm flummoxed by the answers. No wonder this site is slowly dying.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Happens all the time.

People either don't read the question, or decide that's not what the questioner really wants to know.

Like this post
loonogs

Likes # 0

thanks all for your help,

will record through tv from now on

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

rdave13

Guilty as charged. I missed the OD clue. Note to myself "You can't save an OD program".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014