We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Raspberry Pi Computer

geedad

Likes # 0

Ordered a Raspberry Pi early March, not yet delivered. Anyone in same boat? Also, I need to do floating points, decimal points in Pi, but can't afford the high price of the manual, which is dearer than the PC! Can somebody help, please? geedad

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

News item re possible delay in production http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17311146

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

I want one too eventually. I hope forums and how-to articles will appear online.

More discussion here

I think del on first orders is mid to end-May (from Farnell?)

Like this post
geedad

Likes # 0

iscanut

robinofloxley

Many thanks, both! Looks like I have a long wait!

geedad

(On this site, and this site ONLY, something seems to be wrong with my wireless mouse. Trying to correct spelling mistakes etc., is very difficult. The spot where the cursor falls, seems to stay at that point for some time, even though I try to move the cursor!...)

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Dunno bout the mouse. Is it same with PCA in another browser? If you start Task Manager, is anything hogging CPU?

Maybe best to start a new thread.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

geedad, iscanut and robinofloxley

Sorry to intrude on your question but I have seen several aticles on this computer, but what I haven't seen is whether or not you can load anything you want on to it. I used to do some [ very ] simple programming for myself, but with Vista and Windows 7 the programme I wish to run, won't. So what I would like to know is if the computer will run Windows 3.22, or is trying to get something that old not possible. Most of what I did I can do in Excel - more complicatedly I admit and not eveything - but if it will run these do you know how they could be installed as I understand these computers have no input/output controls. I am probably wrong or have completely misunderstood about these computers but if anyone can put a brain dead pensioner on the right lines I would be very grateful.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

it will not run windows. Its made to run Linux

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Specifically, I believe it's just Linux Fedora at the moment.

I haven't hunted very hard.

PC download at fedoraproject.org if you want to play with a Live CD. The Pi version may be different.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September