We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win.Live Movie maker and Burner

geo6

Likes # 0

Since using Live movie maker and burner(win7) I am getting some really poor results{double images) when making movie and slideshow dvd's for TV. Previous version on Vista was quite adequate. Am I missing something? Reluctant to buy stand alone software if I'm getting it wrong

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 0

click here and expand the Live movie maker section it may provide some clues. With regard to the filters mentioned you can see what filters are in place in Movie maker by TOOLS>OPTIONS>COMPATIBILITY which will allow you to turn off individual filters. Also in the advanced tab make sure that PAL is selected, however I dont know what effect NTSC rendered movies would have if played on a PAL player.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

If previous versions were only adequate you must be doing something wrong paricicularly with Photos in slide shows.The only way they should not be nigh on perfect is if the are not perfect to begin with What format is the original video in and are you converting it more than once .Have you as advised chosen Pal dv for the burning and are you burning at a low speed

Like this post
geo6

Likes # 0

Always burned in Pal. All filters are off. Import video and photos thru camera software. AVI and Jpeg. Burned at 8x. Can't understand why this tried and tested method now gives me crap. Even the in ware generated titles and captions suffer the same double image. Gunna try loading previous photos and project files to compare then start hitting the free stuff.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You can have the same MM6 that you had on Vista installed on W7 (no need to uninstall Live movie maker - you can have both installed at same time) It is Free and no catches, just has the necessary installer added to make it install on W7

ClickHere for the installer author and download link. Also available on softpedia download

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...