We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems With Win 7

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi still struggling with win7 How do I change the color of start menu etc.

Tried right clicking DT and personalize but cant find how to do it.

I also need a good spell checker.

Totally lost without Google bar one step forward and two back at the moment.

My cut copy paste icons are grayed out.

Just like my Laptop IE never worked, and the same on this Dell AIO. its all grayed out when opened the total page. All but the search bar. I have been looking through Google but patience is thin now.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Could be the search terms you are using, try copy and paste the below into google:

W7 guide change View Personalize Customize

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Right click on the desktop - choose Personalize. At the bottom of that window you should see Window Colour - click on that. That will give you some default colours to play with but if you click on advance appearance settings then you can change as much or as little as you want.

Don't understand why IE is not working. Have you set a home page?

You can add Google taskbar.

Speckie is a good spell checker for IE.

Which browser are you using if IE9 isn't working?

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

"My cut copy paste icons are grayed out" Could be:

cut copy - You have not selected anything

paste - there is nothing on Clipboard

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Cut paste icons in which program?

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Woolwell thanks yes its Colour that I was looking for to make adjustments tried every thing on the left of the screen but not what was bang in front of me.

IE 9, Bing was not correctly loaded sorted that and IE is now working.

Lovetic (Fire-fox 11 shaded out cut copy paste), oh boy I hadn't selected anything long job reloading a new PC into 3rd day now.

I have now loaded Google bar to IE and that's got a fine spell checker.

It was for Fire-fox 11 i needed a good spell checker as I prefer to stay up to date with latest version or at least try it out.

Shame theres no update for google bar with FF 11

Sorry for not been informative about programs etc. but I do appreciate your feed back and keeping me right.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Spell checker for Firefox British English Dictionary

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you will find that Speckie is better than the Google toolbar for spellchecking as you type in IE9.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Type Problems into the start bar and scroll through them till you find the one that you need.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks