We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Save e-mails to CD

Duncanf

Likes # 0

I'm using Windows 7, my broadband supplier is BT Total Broadband, browser is Google Chrome and e-mail is Orange webmail. I get a lot of powerpoints and large files from friends which I periodically use at a club but the inbox is now pretty full and I wondered if there was a SIMPLE way to transfer them to a CD which I could use when required. Thanks in anticipation.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You should have an option to Import/Export your emails to a folder and then burn them to CD.

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Thanks northumbria61. I can't see that option. I already used the 'Move to' folder where I have taken about 20 items and saved them in a new folder but there's no Import/Export option apparent.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I have BT Total Broadband and I can't see any option there - but my email client is Incredimail and with that I just choose File - Import & Export. I have never had the need to burn to a CD but the method on Incredimail is a way of "backing up" all contacts/messages for transfer to another computer.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Should have added that File-Import/Export for me results in a folder being created in My Programs (under Incredimail) and then a with a right click on that folder/file I can send to DVD drive to burn.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

OP is using webmail not an e-mail client like Incredimail. I suspect that they will have to be downloaded. The long way is to open each attachment with a large file, then use save as to save it on your harddrive in a folder for that purpose and then burn that folder to cd.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I use Gmail for some of my Emails and I have found the easiest option (on XP) is to highlight the emails and drag to a folder on the harddrive. where they can be treated like any other document.

On W7, I would suggest using windows live mail. You can import all your email and settings and you should (corect me if I am wrong) be able to do the same as above (drag and drop).

Terry

Like this post
Duncanf

Likes # 0

Terry Brown, Woolwell, northumbria61

Thanks to all who have suggested solutions. I'll give them all a go (if I can) and see what happens!

Like this post
Bapou

Likes # 0

You can save those e-mails to a folder on the hard drive by installing and configuring Windows Live Mail. I used to use Outlook Express before moving from XP to Windows 7 and saved certain emails to the hard drive and on to disc, now I need Live Mail to read them.

Once installed and direct your e-mail to WLM inbox click on the down arrow in the blue box at top left. Choose Save then Save as file.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK