We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Panasonic Viera TV TX-P42S30B - won't connect to my wireless router

Sheffieldmotorhead

Likes # 0

I've plugged into the usb on the TV a Netgear WNDA3100 network adaptor (it has 2D4 in the part number). When I go into the TV menu to connect to the router, the TV can see the router but then always says "connection failed". I was advised to change the router channel to channel 11, which I've done but still no connection. Any ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

According to Panasonic it has to be the dongle designed to work with the TV see Wireless dongle not working

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The link may not work - this is what is says "If you wish to use a wireless dongle on the television, we would clarify that it has to be the dongle that is designed for use with the television. The television does not have the ability to install drivers to work with any third-party wireless dongle. The model number of the Panasonic dongle is DY-WL10E-K."

Like this post
Sheffieldmotorhead

Likes # 0

OK - thanks for that. It's strange that the TV can detect and identify my router though - just not connect.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Possiblt you neede this version NETGEAR

Also try using adedicated forum for your tv model AVforums

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...