We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Shutdown problem this morning

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Windows encountered a shutdown this morning warning on screen.

Just switched the computer on and went to make a cup of coffee and thats was the problem on the screen when I came back.

Windows can check to see if it can fix the problem.So I clicked on check and nothing appeared after that.

Anyhow computer seems to be working ok but this is what it said in the Box.

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000008e BCP1: C0000005 BCP2: 8C538ED3 BCP3: 82679424 BCP4: 00000000 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\031512-20966-01.dmp C:\Users\roy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-58047-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Anyone any idea as to where I should start or would it just be a one off fault.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Can't open memorey dump file and Microsoft wants me to download and pay for this.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010

Anyone else know how or what to use to open this.

C:\Windows\Minidump\031512-20966-01.dmp

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Problem might be in device manager where I have an unknown device showing.

No driver files have been loaded for said device.Not digitally signed,Not sure why it should say that when no drivers are installed.

I have tried deleting it and rebooting but computer freezes on restart so had to run last good configuration in safe mode to get it to start again.

I am only assuming that this is the problem,it could be something else I suppose.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Use this: Bluescreen view. It gives much better info than MS. This should identify the driver that may or may not be causing you problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

ICF. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my problem,I am going to concentrate on fixing the problem in the Device Manager first to see if that sorts it or not.

It seems a bit complicated for my Tiny mind you would have thought that it should be easy to see what dump files you have on your computer without having to download[ the 700MB ISO file (debugging tools)

I think I found the problem in device manager it may have been last week when I found a flash drive that I had never used before and plugged it into the computer but could not get it to work.

If that was the case you would think it should be Ok to delete it in device manager but the computer will not start properly when I do.And I think that may well be the cause of my problem.

Just deleted it again then ran my registry cleaner to see if that helps remove it.

Will give it a reboot shortly to see if any difference.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Chronus

Thought that looked familiar already have it on my computer but do not remember ever downloading it.And this is what it says.

031512-20966-01.dmp 15/03/2012 05:45:01 KERNELMODEEXCEPTIONNOTHANDLED 0x1000008e 0xc0000005 0x8c538ed3 0x82679424 0x00000000 aswNdis2.sys aswNdis2.sys+16ed3 avast! Filtering NDIS driver avast! Personal Firewall AVAST Software 7.0.1426.0 32-bit aswNdis2.sys+16ed3 aswNdis2.sys+1182b aswNdis2.sys+121f4 aswNdis2.sys+15f53 C:\Windows\Minidump\031512-20966-01.dmp 2 15 7601 178,971

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Is it Avast causing the problems and is it a case of removing it then downloading it again.

Managed to get rid of that unknown device in device manager so that solved that little problem.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Seems to be starting a bit quicker since I fixed the problem in device manager.

So will wit and see if I get another BSOD or not.Only got another 34 days before my Avast runs out.So If I get any more problems I will delete it and see if that helps.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It's looks like it, I would try completely uninstalling it and then reinstalling and see how it goes.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback