We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox 10 is vey slow to open.

nerawan

Likes # 0

Hi peolple. A month ago I upgraded to Mozilla Firefox 10 and since them when I try to open it for the first time , it takes like a minute .After that usually open normally. I have internet explorer and I don't have that problem.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Update it to version 11 through your normal update.

Like this post
nerawan

Likes # 0

I upgraded it to 11 but the problem still continues. The thing is it takes too long to open for the first time. after that it opens normally.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe delete Firefox then reinstall it to see if that helps.Open Taskmanager then see what is using up most of the CPU when Starting Firefox.Probably your security programs but which ones.

Maybe try Adblock Plus to see if that helps.Or disable all of your add ons to see if it works Ok with them disabled.If so enable them one at a time till you find the one causing the problems.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe something on here that can help.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_hangs

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

1. go to youtube

2. type in how to speed up firefox in the search

3. when asked to input about:config in the address bar do so and follow the instructions from youtube

4. enjoy

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

the slowness can happen also when you just switched in the router, u have to wait a minute or two

Like this post
nerawan

Likes # 0

Hi. thanks for the answers. I use 3 mobile broadband (always in the same place- I can't get regular broadband for some reasons). The service is not quite good, I made a speed test and I got 0,05 mb of download spedd. Then in youtube I found a video "how to speed your internet". It recommends going to OPEN DNS and change the DNS adress (control panel) to 208.67.222.222 and it helps. Pages download faster includind Firefox and the new speed test shows now it gets 2.22 mb. Tha's an improving.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

3 mobile yes the slower i use to b with them but left them several years back for virgin.

The trouble with 3 is that you get limited download and usage and if you go over then u got xtra charges.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...