We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

fitting new ram in Dual Xeon HT Core Quad (4)x 3.6GHz New HD545

jacobjohn7
Resolved

Likes # 0

i've got 2 more gb of ram(2x1) for this machine.. Dual Xeon HT Core Quad (4)x 3.6GHz New HD545 any help/guidance/links for fitting these?

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Memory Module Features ?? 4 memory slots for DIMMS ?? 256-MB, 512-MB, 1-GB and 2-GB pairs ?? 8 GB maximum configuration (4 GB maximum on Windows and 16 GB maximum on Linux) ?? Supports single-channel or dual-channel DIMMs ?? Supports DDR2-400 ?? No support for mirroring, no spare DIMM support ?? Standard ECC (72-bit ECC) ?? Enhanced ECC (x4 SDDC or 144-bit ECC) in dual-channel mode when all DIMMs are x4 ?? DED retry Memory Module Requirements ?? Use only industry-standard, registered, PC2-3200 DIMMs ?? Match DIMM pairs by size and type ?? No support for unbuffered memory Installing Memory Module CAUTION HP only ships DIMMs that are electrically and thermally compatible with this product. Because third-party DIMMs might not be electrically or thermally compatible, they are not supported by HP. You must load memory modules in valid configurations: ?? Load DDR SDRAM as matched pairs. For example, if you place a memory module of 1 GB in slot 1, you must also insert a 1-GB module in slot 2. ?? Load the memory module pairs in order of size, from smallest to largest, beginning with memory module pair A (closest to serial port). For example, if you have 1.5 GB of memory composed of two 256-MB modules and two 512-MB modules, load the 256-MB modules in memory module pair A and the 512-MB modules in pair B. ?? Install the DIMM in socket 1 if only installing one DIMM. ?? Install the first matched DIMM pair in socket set A. ?? Install subsequent matched DIMM pairs in set B (farthest from serial port).

Like this post
jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

OOMP: HP XW6200 RAM: 2GB 2x1GB HP DL380 G4 Server PC3200 ECC memory DDR2 Reg

I hope this helps. cheers

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This one? HP XW6200.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What are the specs of the new memory?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

jacobjohn7, no offence but stop piddling about and go to crucial.com and download the memory advisor which will then bring up a list of compatible memory for your pc.

Do the specs of the memory you have bought match the crucial results?

Next tell us on here what crucial says and what the specs are of the memory you have bought and are trying to fit but getting beeps.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your PC specs, HP XW6200.

5 beeps would seem to indicate that you have a CPU problem. HP Beeps.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Quite clearly, had I posted the correct link, 5 beeps suggest CPU problem.HP beeps.

Like this post
jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

Hi, i did the crucial thing and saw its recommendation, and price of memory. I did this after contacting the people who I got the perfectly good comp from. I asked if they did any compatible extra RAM for the comp, they provided me with a link for their item number, I purchased said item. Got it home, tried it, had the logged problems, contacted provider, then find out today from them, that the person who said it was compatible was wrong, and to send it back with full refund. So, may well go down the crucial route next... even with the additional expence. Although could still buy the suggested RAM from elsewhere once I have logged what the correct type is! But thanks for the help people... bit of a wild goose chase, as incorrect RAM has been suggested.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Absolutely no reason to buy from Crucial, once you know what you need shop around.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...