We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

fitting new ram in Dual Xeon HT Core Quad (4)x 3.6GHz New HD545

jacobjohn7
Resolved

Likes # 0

i've got 2 more gb of ram(2x1) for this machine.. Dual Xeon HT Core Quad (4)x 3.6GHz New HD545 any help/guidance/links for fitting these?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You haven't posted the make and model of PC, what you have posted is the processor type and possibly the graphics card. so tricky to give you advice.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

So I saw,not much info there either.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On that thread I put a link to what I guessed what was the basic system an HP Workstation xw6200 normally used as a server. If that is the system the link also shows a diagram of the motherboard. Where to install the RAM should be fairly obvious but does depend on how the original 2 Gb was configured.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

and on other thread I posted link to crucial video of installing ram.

Here it is again: just click in place

video shows how to fit ram http://www.youtube.com/embed/mGTT0Vcy0E4

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Should have been fitted by now.

Like this post
jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

hi, yes thanks for all the info, been down those routes,.. i have located and firmly fitted the memory several times and keep getting 5 beep warning, any other things I can try? I was recommended this memory as compatible by the people I got the comp off. Someone mentioned BIOS on another thread I read... but if this is relevant don't know what to do with it etc. thanks for info. john

Like this post
jacobjohn7

Likes # 0

one more detail is the two occupied ram slots are black, and the two spare ones are white? would this be off any note, or just a colour/difference/brand etc and of no issue?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Still have not mentioned what make model PC it is,you just mention the CPU. I did ask earlier. If i knew what motherboard you had it would be easier to advise.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It would also help if you mentioned what type of extra RAM you got.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today