We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NOTEPAD TO PDF

rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

i AM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD A PDF DOCUMENT BUT IT COMES UP AS A LOT OF GOBBLEDEGOOK IN NOTEPAD FORMAT HOW CAN I CONVERT THIS TO PDF PLEASE PS. IHAVE ADOBE READER INSTALLED

Like this post
markd71

Likes # 0

Right click, Open with, select Adobe

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Use this, Foxit PDF reader it's free.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Oops I see you have Adobe, so follow Markd71's advice. Oh and stop shouting.

Like this post
rgtyfhr

Likes # 0

don't know what you mean right click where?? tried it on the note pad page , no good

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Where did you download the PDF file to on your PC? Right click on the download and then select open with and the Adobe.At the moment you seem to be right clicking after you have tried to open the download.

Like this post
JayDay

Likes # 0

The problem is you are opening a pdf document using Notepad. Notepad is for reading text files not pdf files, hence the gobbledgook.

Right click the downloaded pdf file. Select 'open with' and select adobe acrobat reader a s the program you wish to use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data