We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mail error

Femme

Likes # 0

When i try to send pictures it goes to outlook express--which I do not use because it does not work rt. When i try to email a picture it goes there and here is the error message

The host 'smpt' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smpt', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

thank you

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Right click will not work unless you have set up Outlook Express. To avoid Outlook Express you will have to open your webmail (cogeco or hotmail) and then attach the picture there.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you want to use an e-mail client but not Outlook Express then download something like Thunderbird or Live Mail but it is not practical to uninistall Outlook Express on Windows XP.

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

okay thanks but as i said it pulls pictures to outlook it wont go to my other mail i usual send pictures from kodax gallery it just does not allow me to go to web mail or even if i scan a picture it goes there sigh

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You can send using hotmail: To attach pictures in Hotmail, follow the below steps. Open your Hotmail account. Click the New Message link. Click the Attach and then File link. Click the Browse button and browse to the image you wish to attach. Keep in mind that you cannot select multiple files at once. However, you can individually add each of the images or attachments you wish to add. Click Ok or OK and Attach Another if you wish to do more than one image. If attached successfully, you should see a link with the attachment names in your e-mail. Once you're ready to send the message, click the Send button.

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

I dont think i made myself clear I can send pictures from my mail to a person but when i try to send from my kodax picture gallery or directly from the pictures in my documents ,thats when they go to out look that gives me the error thanks so much

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It will not go out from Kodak Picture gallery or from pictures unless you have an email client eg Outlook Express correctly set up to send e-mails. What is happening is that the right click send opens up your default e-mail client and it cannot possibly find the webmail (hotmail) account. Unless you are prepared to set up Outlook Express, or a replacement for it, then it will not work as you want.

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

I see what you mean yes if only I could fix outlook express or is it possible to change the default email client? I have two other email accounts really hate to add a new one I cant understand why it goes to outlook i have never used it as it has never worked All the pictures i have tried to send are in it but i cannot get them to anyway thanks for your time femme

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You don't have to add any more e-mail accounts. You could try Windows Live Mail MS Support. Once you have set it up to send using your hotmail account and it is your default e-mail client then the right click should work.

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

thanks so much ill try that

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do