We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mail error

Femme

Likes # 0

When i try to send pictures it goes to outlook express--which I do not use because it does not work rt. When i try to email a picture it goes there and here is the error message

The host 'smpt' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smpt', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

thank you

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

What O/S? What e Mail method? (Outlook, Windows live mail etc)

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

its outlook express cogeco

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How do you normally send e-mails? How are you trying to send pictures - as an attachment or by right clicking and send.

Must be XP because of OE.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As you mention Outlook Express, I presume you are using XP. You say that OE does not work right(?) It would seem that the email account has not been configured correctly.

If you don't use Outlook Express which mail client do you use?

Or do you use Webmail?

When you try to send pictures do you mean you are rightclicking on the picture and choosing 'Send to' -> 'mail recipient' If not then how are you doing it?

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

I rt click to send attachment and the error comes up It goes to outlook express which i do not use as it does not work properly thankyou

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

I believe you are correct it is not configurated properly I use cogeco mostly or hot mail thanks

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

yes its xp

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I guess that you normally use webmail as you state that you do not use Outlook Express. However OE is obviously your default email client as when you rt click on the picture it tries to open OE but as OE hasn't got your e-mail account configured it cannot be sent hence the e-mail errors. Sending pictures via webmail does not work by the right click method you have to open your webmail and then attach the picture by uploading it.

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

It wont go to my web mail at all just outlook express I wish i knew how to change it to my web mail or fix outlook express

Like this post
Femme

Likes # 0

what if i unistall outlook express would that help?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED