We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon pixma160

Calgarycritter

Likes # 0

My multi unit is several years old now, my problem is that it will not accept paper through the feeder, throws an E3 code ( paper jam ) but there is no paper in it. Any ideas on what to do besides buying a new one? I have tried numerous times to feed the paper by hand, turned the machine off/on numerous times and have even unplugged/plugged in numerous time but still the same outcome

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Are you certain there is no paper jam? Can you see right inside? Try unplugging it and turning it upside down and shaking it. You could also try feeding a piece of thick card through it to see if anything is dislodged. The paper feed mechanism - is it making any noise at all (ie: as if trying to feed paper)? You could also use an air canister to blast inside on the feed mechanism to see if that makes any difference.

I would give these all a try before decide to purchase a new one - although having said that you do describe your printer as several years old now. Maybe it is time to treat yourself.

Like this post
Calgarycritter

Likes # 0

Hello northumbria61 I've done everything,, looked inside both ends, nothing, shook it , nothing inside yes the mechanism is rolling but refuses to pick up the paper, have also tried with a thicker piece of paper but no luck,, I agree,, maybe it's time I retired this one ( is 7 yrs old now ) and check out some of the newest ones out there but thank you for the advise

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK