We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't conceive a personal use for OneNote

wee eddie

Likes # 0

How do I disable it(turn it off), permanently.

Without deleting it from my Hard Drive, just in case I decide that it might have some kind of use

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If you are talking about OneNote auto starting with windows I think if you look in Start\all programs\startup you will find the OneNote icon, delete icon and OneNote will not auto start.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i have a copy of one note 2003, never found a use for it could not even give it away. unistall it to stop it using the pc resources.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

beta never saw that option in 2003 version.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

2007 and above.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

You do amaze me. I wouldn't be without it. Don't be put off or confused my Microsofts suggested uses. I use it for making notews of telkephone conversations, telephone numbers, items ordered online, all those little items you write on a piece of paper which you then promptly lose, in fact almost anything wehich you would otherwise have to write down.

before that I used a programme called "MemoryMate" in both DOS and Windows versions and EverNote which is my second favourite after OneNote, but that is only because OneNote comes with MS Office Pro

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Forgot to mention, I also use it to keep copies of reviews from various websites. Makes it very easy to locate a review or indeed any information, e.g. screen resolutions, processor speeds and designations, both on tables copied using the snipping tool in Win7Pro

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes