We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Call centres say you have errors go into the Admin events and they try to sell me stuff

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

Hi. Ids there a way of clearing this manually, must be? Then I can tell the cold calling call centres where to go, it would feel nice! Also is it good to clear now and then? worth doing? ( I go to start>right click on computer>left click on Manange>system tools>event viewer>administration events.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

Most of these calls come from outside the UK so they are not covered by the telephone preference system.

While ever yopu keep answering & staying on the phone they will keep calling you - Ignore them & they will go away, rise to the bait & you will get more calls.

Each & every PC on earth has errors in event log, ignore that also.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK