We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Monitor Problem

manrow
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have an LG Flatron W2252TQ monitor which has developed 2 different display characteristics from left and right of the display. If I view a digital image on screen then the left-hand side is good, whereas the right-hand side is duller and slightly out of focus. By moving the image across the screen I can prove the problem is in display and that the photo itself is not at fault. Is it likely that this could be adjusted by a technician or is replacement monitor more likely?

Like this post
GroupFC

Likes # 1

I don't know this monitor or if it is something that can be adjusted, but if you contact LG I have found their customer service to be excellent. Depending on the age of the monitor, you may find that they offer a swap (all be it for a re-furbished model), which is what they did for me when mine developed a fault.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

All depends where you bought the Monitor some places you get a 3 year warranty so depends how long you have had it.

Like this post  
manrow

Likes # 0

LG customer service were very helpful. Suggested how to use factory reset which completely cleared the problem.

Thanks to all of you for the advice!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

manrow

Thanks for letting us know to outcome and that it is working Ok now.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You could try another monitor to see if it works ok.Could it be your graphics driver needing updated.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I think Buteman's first suggestion is good. That way, you identify whether it's the screen or the PC that's the problem.

Like this post
manrow

Likes # 0

Having changed the monitor, problem has gone.

Since the original monitor was faulty does it sound something that can be adjusted or replacement the more likely option?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)