We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson Stylus R220 error

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

Hi. The red ink light is on, we do not know what ink needs changing, it does not print either whilst the red light is on, we shook all the inks and they all have ink, you can hear it! The Status Monitor part in the printer properties will not let us in to see the ink levels!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a look through this enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

It def does not say what ink is low or empty

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You are going to need the Status Monitor to enable you to see the ink levels otherwise it will be a case of changing cartridges - all at once or one at a time. It is possible that one or more is clogged. Are you able to run a cleaning/maintenance operation or does the red light error prevent the printer from working?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Without sounding too obvious there are other ways to access the Status Monitor enter link description here

Like this post
Eddie 2425

Likes # 0

I am curious as to what cartridges you use, do you use genuine epsom or compatable cartridges, I have the same printer and use compatable cartridges and the same happens to me now and again. what i do is remove the cartidge and then replace the same cartidge one at a time ,then charge the cartridge one at a time.when i bought the cartridges the guy in the shop told me they can also rechip the printer Eddie

Like this post
Eddie 2425

Likes # 0

oh ps i only pay £8.00 for a full set of cartridges, so maybe worth replacing all cheers Eddie

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

status monitor is not hi-lighted so can't run it, it is a faint grey so not available for some reason, will try a clean to see if jets clogged and let you know.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I'm sure the red light is stopping it from doing any thing, can't do any head cleaning etc. I shook every cartridge and there is ink in them all. I found a way to enable the status monitor, if you double click it, nothing happens, you go off the printer, do something else, come back to status monitor and it is light grey(not highlighted) so you have to enable it again. Eddie, where do you get them so cheap?

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

This may be a driver problem This sounds very much like an internal problem eiter with full waste pads ( a messy Job ) or internal page counters. These can be reset with a little utility from http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml Do ensure you fully understand what you are doing before you use it.You may well find it will need a replacement if the problem cannot be sorted

You do not say what OS you are useing, there may be updateds for the drivers on the Epson Website. download the latest driver for your printer.Then install it with the printer turned off. You will be promrted when to turn it on.

Compatable Ink prices are far lower ( even with PP than the £8 mensioned ) http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/EpsonR220Compatible_Ink.html is a company I have used for many years their price for a full set is just over £4 I placed an order for Bulk ink ( I use a CISS ) plus some discs which arrived the next day

But I would advise sorting the problem before wasteing money on ink

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......