We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Print Spooler is not working

wedfan

Likes # 0

Hi, can someone please help me?

Here at work and suddenly electricity goes on and off about 5 times in an hour. Now my printer is not working. I have an Olivetti MF25plus.

When you go to control panel etc, my printer has disappeared completely and it says: operation could not be completed, the print spooler is not working

Anybody any ideas on what I should do?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

You could try services and switch print spooler to automatic and make sure it has started{ top left.} See if that helps if not set it back to it's original setting.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that there may be a bit more to it that the print spooler. This is a colour photocopier/printer and I guess networked. The power cuts could have created several problems. Is the printer showing that is working and does it copy as a standalone? Does it connect through a router/print server and is that ok?

If the printer is missing from control panel then you may have to try reinstalling it.

Another thought is a system restore to before the snag began.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Got interrupted - Should also have asked if the printer is missing then what did you select to print to?

Like this post
Mack1

Likes # 0

When I had a similar problem this is what I did. Hold down Windows logo + R key Enter services.msc > OK Scroll down to Print Spooler and make Status started and Startup Type automatic Hope it works for you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance