We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Urgent Help Needed Pls, Photos open on Camera, but NOTPC from SD card!!!

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good evening to you all, i need some urgent help please. I have a pentax Optio M90 camera, with a 16gb memory card, had the camera for a while, and it works perfectly, I lent it to my neighbour a few days ago, and prior to that she's used it loads of times with no problems....this evening she was trying to upload some party pics to facebook, with the Sd card and it wouldnt work.

here is the message, when I click on the memory card to open,....here is the message we get: Windows cannot find the G:\Recycler\1b37f31.exe make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.

The funny thing is when we insert the memory card into the camera, all the pictures show fine, so at least they are on the memory catd. I've tried to copy the folder that the pics are in, by just dragging the DCIM folder to my desktop, still it wont open, also ive tried using the cameras usb wire, still it wont open, same message, ...any suggestions please?? My friend really needs to be able to access these pics on the pc,....i'm a bit confused as they ALL show when viewing via the camera.

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Sounds like you may have the autorun.inf virus.

Various ideas here on a Google search

enter link description here

Here MBAM is recommended to clear it

Using Autorun Eater to clear it

Other ideas here

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

and?

johnny

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...