We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE9 not keeping typed URL's

jonski

Likes # 0

Hi, just recently my internet IE9 doesnt keep typed url's. Ive been into the setting i know of to see if anything ticked or unticked that shouldn`t be but all looks fine. Is there a setting in ie9 that automatically deletes when shutting down explorer...It's becoming a pain having to keep typing in my daily sites or keep adding them to favourites.

Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

In IE9 click the tool icon and select internet options. Untick the box to delete browsing history on exit.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Should have added that it is under the general tab.

Like this post
jonski

Likes # 0

Hi, its already unticked..

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

All I can suggest it to reset IE9. Under internet options and the advanced tab click the reset tab for IE. You'll need to re-apply your addons. I'd do it a few at a time in case it's one of them that's creating the problem.

Your favourites won't be affected.

Like this post
jonski

Likes # 0

Ok...will try it...be back soon

Like this post
jonski

Likes # 0

rdave. Thanks...That seems to have worked.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

jonski,

Just an idea for you. I have either had that trouble or Ccleaner or similar cleaned out everything in my address bar. So what I have done is to use 'Word' and record ALL the websites I visit [ and, more importantly, wish to keep visiting ] and so when it happens I just open my 'Word' file, copy the address I want and paste it in to the address bar. I thought that was it but you have to remember to press 'Enter' - you then get taken to the site - as normal - and IE9 will keep the address in the address bar drop down menu. By recording the web site address not only do you not have to keep typing it in BUT you have the correct address and don't have to worry what the address should actually be. If I am teaching 'my grandmother to suck eggs' I apologise, but it is just a quick keeper of addresses that I find rather handy.

Like this post
jonski

Likes # 0

Thanks Houston, thats one way of doing it...I thought id cracked it yesterday...I reset as instructed and closed down my browser...Hey presto all newly typed urls stayed in there...That was until ive just turned on my pc and theyve all gone again.

Like this post
jonski

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear S (Solo) curved-screen smartwatch confirmed: release date, price and specs UK

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks