We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox 10.0.2 status bar missing

Skinn

Likes # 0

I've recently installed Firefox 10.0.2 & the page download bar (bottom right of screen on status bar) is missing

I've looked at the Toolbar options to no avail.

Does anyone know how to reinstall it?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

View.Toolbars and tick Add-On-Bar

Like this post
Skinn

Likes # 0

Already selected - thanks

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

[status bar missing]I take it that it has gone missing.

Firefox 11.0 out today maybe try that to see if it will appear on that.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Do you mean the scroll bar pointer at the bottom right for scrolling down the page or what.

Nothing on my status bar so not sure what you mean.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The download status bar (showing page update progress) is omitted in later versions of Firefox. You will have to look for an add-on.

Like this post
cocteau48

Likes # 0

The traditional download status bar,which used to appear in the menu bar at the bottom of Firefox,has been replaced by a thin bright green line which progresses along the bottom edge of the address bar as a page is loading.

This has probably been done because the menu bar itself is no longer activated by default in Firefox.

If you wish to put a more traditional download status bar back in the menu bar the this will do it for your:enter link description here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes