We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a web host that isn't awful, and my money back.

Zenra

Likes # 0

Hello, I have a php forum and attached website (.co.uk) with one SQL database. I have recently been looking for a web-host that isn't so awful I feel like I'm being scammed. I'm currently with Streamline and they just renewed without telling me, it cost me hundreds of pounds and nearly put me in the red. The forum feels like it's on a 56k modem and I have had nothing but trouble with them. Is there any way to get my money back and transfer to a new web host? Are there any web-hosts with good features and FTP access that aren't either really expensive or have terrible reviews? I'm really stuck at the moment and can't find a single review site that seems impartial.

The only sites I've found that look 0k so far won't support .co.uk domains.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

I use http://www.storminternet.co.uk/ and find them to be excellent service providers and they have expert customer service.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...it cost me hundreds of pounds and nearly put me in the red."

What for - not simple web hosting, surely?

Virtually every web host in existence will host .co.uk domain names - there's no reason why they shouldn't.

Take a look at Heart Internet I've used them for years, and have found them to be excellent.

Like this post
Zenra

Likes # 0

Yes, it was hundreds, my bill was for over £200. :( Is there any way I could get this ludicrous amount back?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

What exactly were you billed for, and for what period?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad