We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox 11.0 out now.

buteman
Resolved

Likes # 0

Firefox 11.0 out now. No doubt you will get it with normal updates within the week but if you want to download it now you can from here.

http://majorgeeks.com/MozillaFirefox11.0Finald7257.html

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Well that one did not work maybe try this one..I already downloaded it from the first click here.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/network/browsers/firefox.cfm

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman - downloaded and installed.

Like this post  
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

buteman i always avoid MG for firfox & iobit software as they always seem to mess it up, yet get other software ok.

thanks for the link. surprised filehippo has not had it listed.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Yes File Hippo was one of the first I tried and was surprised it was not on there.

I just downloaded it over the the top of the 10.2 version and have had no problems with it.

Probably get it on the normal updates shortly.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

filehippo just released firefox 11 beta 8 so final version must be faulty perhaps

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

The official release date for Firefox 11 is set as the 13th of March.Tomorrow.

It can also be downloaded from here.

http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/24333-firefox_11

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

My understanding is that the version available now is the stable version of Firefox 11 but still beta. The final version is probably due tomorrow. Firefox 12 is reportedly not far off. I avoid beta versions as I cannot afford to have anything go wrong with this pc. Therefore I always wait for Firefox to report that an update is available.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I agree with you about beta's but since the 10.02 version update Firefox has not been running as well as exspected on my computer so that why i downloaded the latest and find it that bit better and faster than the old version.

Just downloaded over the top of the old version with no problems.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

buteman - Just downloaded over the top of the old version with no problems.

I can certainly say it is running faster for me and no problems so far.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...