We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Zone Alarm

paulbuttrill
Resolved

Likes # 0

After I upgraded Zone Alarm it now stops me using the Internet. I've tried both IE and Firefox. I have to disable ZA to access the Internet. I've uninstalled then reinstalled ZA but still has the same problem. I'm running Windows 7.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

I personally use the Win 7 firewall. Also I take it you are on broadband and therefore your router also has a firewall. My advice would be to uninstall ZA.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I tend to agree with Zak. Win 7's firewall is good enough in my humble opinion but if you've used ZA firewall for a long time you should be able to go in to the settings to allow internet connection. I can't help you with the settings as I don't use ZA but someone here might be able to advise.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I used to have PCTools firewall with W7 but had trouble with an update. I followed advice such as that from rdave13 and Zak and have used the W7 firewall since then with no apparent problems. Maybe there is a clash with your anti virus - I remenber a while ago AVG and ZA seemed to have problems together.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

paulbuttrill

You may find this helpful if you want to do more than just use the default Win 7 firewall settings:

Introduction to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security

Like this post
paulbuttrill

Likes # 0

It must have been the update because it was working fine until then. It's worked fine with Avast anti virus. Thanks for the advice. I've tried all kinds of settings in ZA but gave up in the end....I'll uninstall ZA and use Windows Firewall. Thanks again.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...