We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WebCam Installation

ponytail

Likes # 0

Not sure about what socket to plug the Mic lead into at the back of the PC.My speakers are connected to the middle socket which is coloured green the one on the L/H side is pinkand the R/H side is blue can someone advise are there any symbols I can check.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The pink one is the mic socket. The blue jack is for plugging in an audio device so you can hear the sound through your laptop's or monitor's speakers.

A little table explanation. Audio colours.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chronus thanks for advise one other thing how do I check that the camera is working ok the mic is working now just want to check that the photo element is working there is a way of checking but cannot remember it is a Trusr Spotlight Webcam model number 16429 if that helps.Just going to check their website

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Again Chronus another question if I take a picture where on the PC do I find it

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

My Logitech webcam created a folder in the My Pictures folder where photos are sent. I would imagine that your camera does the same. But it should tell you where the image is being sent after you have taken it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...