We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Scanning by wireless from Canon Pixma 6250

vellanobill

Likes # 0

I have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook with Vista Home premium & a Canon pixma MG6250 printer. When connected by USB I could scan photos & import directly into Picasa on my PC - no problems. Since installing wireless (Belkin 300 router), I can print documents and photos OK by wireless. But when I try to scan a photo and import into Picasa another window pops up - ScanGear (Canon Software package), it's not so user friendly and it freezes during the scanning operation. If I cancel ScanGear window, Picasa is 'greyed out' How do I over-ride ScanGear and import direct into Picasa - without resorting to the USB cable. Canon Support were no help!!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Uninstall the Cannon software, you do not have to use it.

Like this post
vellanobill

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus. I do not know how to uninstall the ScanGear as it doesn't appear in any of the files or programs in the Canon folders. Perhaps it's a name provided from within one of the other program/files. Any ideas?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It turns out that Scangear is the driver so the software that is opening must be something else. It may be call Canon Scangear Toolbox,so have a look for something like that. But if you are only having problems when you try to scan to PC wirelessly this might not work. Do Canon not have forums on there site?

Like this post
vellanobill

Likes # 0

Thanks again will check through the canon folders, also for the canon forums

Like this post
vellanobill

Likes # 0

Eureka! I have found a fix! Not a proper solution but it works. If anyone else has a similar problem, this is what I am now working with until something better turns up. On the PC (in Vista) click on Start, Select All Programs, locate folder, Canon Utilities and click. Select Solution Menu EX and then in the sub-menu select Solution Menu EX. This provides a screen with icons on the left and a menu on the right. From the menu on the right select Use Scanner, the icons on the left change, select OCR. A window pops up where you can insert a file name and where to save (I chose the default MP Navigator EX), then click on the Scan button at the bottom of the window. The scanning process starts (it also throws up a window titled tmp.txt - Notepad which I close). Open the folder that you have saved to, select the photo, Right click gives a drop down menu, select Edit in Picasa. AND AWAY I GO!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers