We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Discs being rejected WMP/RealPlayer

Yimbo

Likes # 0

I'm trying to burn a CD from songs in my library in WMP. I create a playlist, and insert a blank disc. A minute later the drawer pops open and the disc is rejected. I've tried DVD-RW and DVD-R - same result. I've also tried to burn using RealPlayerPlus - disc rejected, and on the burn list opposite each item - "Will not write".

I've burned CD's before, using the same types of discs with no trouble.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It could be the optical drive has a problem. Check device manager to see if ok. Try just copying some data to a disc to see if it burns that way. If XP it only burns CDs not DVDs and will need a third party burning program.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...