We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson R200 refuses to print

emmybee

Likes # 0

My Epson R200 suddenly stopped in the middle of printing a photo, and now won't print anything - even a nozzle check! All the lights are on, there's plenty of ink, and no error messages. The printer window says it is printing, but it isn't. I'm using Windows XP Home. Any ideas?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Switch off unplug reboot then reconnect. If that doesn't work delete and reinstall.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

To add to the advice already posted if you choose the remove you will need to fully remove all the epson software completley both the drivers and other software not only using the uninstall option but physically from your HD. Whilst re-installing do not turn the printer on untill prompted.

This sounds very much like an internal problem eiter with full waste pads ( a messy Job ) or internal page counters. These can be reset with a little utility from http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml Do ensure you fully understand what you are doing befere you use it.

You do not say what OS you are useing, there may be updateds on the Epson Website

Whilst it may be posssable if you have no luck in getting it working again the cost is not cheap and it would be cheaper to replace it

Like this post
emmybee

Likes # 0

Thanks, sharpamat. I sorted the full waste pads and counter problem last year with an external waste ink bottle and a counter reset. I use XP Home, fully up-to-date. I'll try your suggestions later and report back!

Like this post
emmybee

Likes # 0

Hi sharpamat! Tried my printer on my other PC (a laptop) which had all the necessary Epson drivers, and the printer didn't work on that, either. So I guess a replacement is necessary! Thanks for your advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...