We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

missing file

rocketbob

Likes # 0

i am trying to install mp hp printer c4580 on my laptop [just upgraded from vista to w7] when i install the hp program it stops and says. error dot4wrapper repair, file missing HPZIDR12. i have removed the hp program then renstalled it but the file is still not in windows\system32.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

See first and third links here.

(WOT reports 3rd link as reputable).

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

hi robinofloxley is it www.dill.dill.com i want. is safe to use this because i used a registry cleaner once when i used vista and my printer played up then. i have thought about doing a clean install with windows would that put the file back and it would clean all the crap left behind from unstalling programs.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

The first link says if you go and get the drivers from the hp website, HPZIDR12.dll should be included.

The third IS a link to download HPZIDR12.dll form another site.

Enter the verification code.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

went to hp web site download full feature software then run the update and the printer is working. i thought the full feature software was up to date thats where i was making a mistake. i even used the hp wizard and that did not sort it. the only thing i am getting is a notice in hp solution center printer not connected any how robinofloxley many thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...