We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Task Bar has gone onto two lines

johnincrete

Likes # 0

The blue task bar line at the bottom of the screen has altered itself and now is two lines wide. The quick load part at the left has not changed. The language toolbar appears on the second line. The right hand side bit is on three lines. I've tried all sorts of left & right clicks but cannot find anything that controls this situation. Running XP SP3

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I am not sure, but I think if you right click on it you can drag it down to normal size. (it's a long time since I used XP)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

mouse cursor, Grab the top of the blue bar until you get double-headed arrow and drag it down to one line or hidden out of sight (or drag up if you want 3,4,5 lines high etc.)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Make sure the task bar is unlocked, so no tick next to Lock Taskbar on the rightclick menu then use left mouse button to grab and drag size as in my first post.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

If all of the above fail, try using the Windows system restore utility back a day or so to when it was just the single line taskbar should fix it for you

Cheers HC

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

Thanks all. I thought it would be easy but when you don't know, it's very difficult!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks