We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kaspersky Lab email offer

jarani

Likes # 0

I had an email from Kaspersky Lab re - Internet Security 2012 Free License Keys Antivirus and Security - New version 3 minutes auto setup - is this genuine please ?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you have Kaspersky? Do you have the 2011 version? Have you looked at the origin of the e-mail? Is there a link and does it point to Kaspersky (do not click on it to find out but hover over it).

Like this post
jarani

Likes # 0

Woolwell - thank you I have never had Kaspersky - I do not know how to look for the origin of an email, but today I had a repeat email with a "must" to install narrative - suspicious ! I think and a warning to others - it looks so real the email came from Kaspersky Lab it says

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

" To determine the origin of the email message, use the extended email headers to locate the IP address of the sender's mail server. Keep in mind that the header is always in the reverse when read from top to bottom. The first mail server listed is the last one the mail went through on its way to you. The further down you read the further you back track where the message has come from. "

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Almost certainly spam/poss virus or malware if you had downloaded anything. See Malware news

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Phishing e-mail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014