We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

outlook 2010 search by thread - contact

rsturbo

Likes # 0

hi, is it possible to search my outlook 2010 emails by thread and/or contact. i.e. i need to be able to search the contents of only one contact accross all of their emails to / from me.

thanks for any help

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Haven't got Outlook 2010 but it should be possible using the contextual tab Outlook 2010 searching

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

A really quick way to do this is to click on the start button and type the email address or name of your contact. Click on 'see more results' and you'll be presented with a window containing every email to or from that person.

Alternatively....

Click on the 'Folder' tab in Outlook and select 'New search folder' in the top bar. When the dialogue box opens, click on 'Mail from and to specific people' under the 'Mail from people and lists' heading.

Click on the 'Choose' button and select the person from your list of contacts. Now click the 'From or sent to' button at bottom left, and the name of the person will appear in the text box.

Click on OK and then on OK again, and a new folder with the contact's name will appear in your personal folder list. In it will be all the emails you're looking for.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen