We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Setting email time limit in BT Internet accounts

tallboy

Likes # 0

I have recently moved house & have switched my ISP from Talktalk to BT Internet, as Talktalk told me that they wouldn't be able to give me a line for another 2 years or so since our new house was not on their property database.

I wish to have my email messages held on the ISP server deleted 20 days after they have been transferred to my PC, to limit the number that get transferred to my netbook when I am away on holiday. (i.e. Delete all those that have been read / dealt with on my main PC.)

This can be easily set on Talktalk, but for the life of me, I can't find an equivalent option on BT Internet. Does anyone know how to do it, or do all your messages have to be deleted on-by one on BT Internet?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I have BT and I have never found an option to do that either.

I don't know what Email client you are using to read your emails but the option to do that should be within your Email program and not The BT Server.

For instance I use Incredimail and have 2 options within that program -

1. Leave a copy of messages on server (tick or untick)
  2. Remove from Server after -- days (Can choose any number of days up to a maximum of 100 days)
Like this post
tallboy

Likes # 0

Thanks for replying northumbria61. I use Windows Live Mail. I've just had a look in the options for that client and indeed you can set the time limit there - which I will now do.

Tallboy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014