We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Opera 11.60

mailithepigeon

Likes # 0

For some reason the Opera browser won't do anything. I tried to open it by double-clicking, right click+'open', from the start menu with no success; it just makes a sound. The curious thing here is that both Chrome and IE run just fine. I tried upgrading Opera, but it won't let me do that either, nor will it let me uninstall it. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I'm using Windows 7, if that helps.

Like this post
Miké

Likes # 0

More info needed about any errors reported when trying to 'Upgrade or uninstall' please.

However my first thought is to start in safe mode, and uninstall Opera from there.

Like this post
mailithepigeon

Likes # 0

@Miké Basically, when I try to uninstall it (from control panel, right click, ''uninastall''), it makes the noise and that's it. It just won't respond. I tried downloading Opera again from Chrome, and a dialog box came up, saying something along the lines of ''You've already got Opera, so we'll upgrade it. By clicking 'Accept and Upgrade' you agree with the terms, etc.'' But there was no response when I clicked 'Accept and Upgrade'. the buttons for 'options' and 'cancel' worked fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'