We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

internet explorer 9

sat893

Likes # 0

i keep on getting error messages from ie9,it says ie has stopped working and then i have to press cancel.weird thing is my main search engine is bing, which i don't want, but was on my laptop when i bought it, so my other question is how do i change from bing to ie9 can anyone help?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Try uninstalling and reinstalling IE9 Click Here when installing you can choose which search engines to install. Bing is the default, just choose the one you want to use.

Or if you don't want the hassle of the uninstal then go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced and click on Re-set. You will lose all your customised settings such as home page etc.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I would suspect that there may be a different issue here.

What Anti Virus and Malware Software do you use? Name, Version and frequency of updating and running, if possible.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

IE9 is a browser and not a search engine.If trying to change Bing in I/E try tools.Manage add ons.Search engines.And choose or search for what one you want.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In IE 9,Tools/ Manage add ons/Search Providers Disable Bing

Like this post
sat893

Likes # 0

hi, thanks for your replies. i uninstalled ie9, but when i go install it, i get a error message saying it cannot install it and gives me a list of possible problems, but none of them relate to my laptop, apart from turning off firewall. i have windows 7 64bit on my laptop. norton has my antivirus.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Is this the page you tried for possible problems?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...