We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PDF files

tonyt1151

Likes # 0

Can anyone help. Running W7 and unable to open or save PDF files such as online bank statements and insurance documents.Same problem with various sites. I have Kaspersky Internet Security which I have tried temp suspending to see if that was problem but that made no difference. I have another laptop running Vista with same security progam and I can open /download the same files with no problem.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Cannot seem to copy the link ! Sorry but you will find it on the File Hippo site.

Like this post
tonyt1151

Likes # 0

Link doesn't work

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In Start/Control Panel/Default Programmes/Associate a file or Protocol with a specific programme check that .pdf are set to open with the Adobe Reader. Do check it is installed and check no earlier versions are still on. If so read chub_tor's link

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

My earlier link gives another Adobe download site.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Nuance PDF Reader

I use this free pdf reader with my Win7.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have this problem with IE9 and certain financial institutions. Others have experienced the same problem and there was a previous thread on it. With IE9 you are unable to download the pdf file therefore it doesn't matter which program you try to use as there is nothing to open. The solution is to use Firefox or Chrome or revert back to IE8.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Woolwell. I seem to have no problems with W7,IE9 and Pdf.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

john bunyan - Normally I don't have a problem with pdf files W7 and IE9 but there are a few financial institutions that just do not work with IE9. You cannot download statements.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just to prove me wrong the site that I normally have problems with now works with IE9.

However I suggest OP tries other browsers.

Like this post
tonyt1151

Likes # 0

Thanks guys. It does only seem to be financial institutions that are giving me the problems. I will try removing IE9 and either go back toIE8 or try Chrome

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote