We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BackUp To Discs

D@z©
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have Acronis True Image Home 2010 and I want to do an image backup to DVD discs should anything happen. I cant for the life of me find this option only to create an image to an external hard drive, what can I do or what free program is there to do this please?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if you can do it with this or not as I have never used it before nor Acronis.But it is free for the next 11 hours.Have a read see if it helps or not.

http://www.downloadcrew.com/article/27197-genie

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like buteman I have never used Acronis but details here of how to do it enter link description here

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Eeaseus Todo Backup Free or Macrium Reflect Free are my preferred apps.

Backing up to DVD best done after a clean install and setting up minimal Windows options and apps. (otherwise you will fill too many DVDs)

Like this post
D@z©

Likes # 0

Thanks for your replies. The backup is too big to do to DVDs so what happens if I cant boot into windows or anything to run Acronis as you cant select an external drive to boot from with the image on it (which happened to me yesterday so had to do a full format and reload windows)

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

You boot from a previously made CD.

Like this post  
james105051

Likes # 0

In ATI you can select the option "Create bootable media" to make a dvd to boot from in the event of a Windows failure. Once booted from this you can select the drive where the backup is and restore the drive.

Like this post
D@z©

Likes # 0

Thanks all, robinofloxley created a CD.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen