We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox still dead slow

Ikarus

Likes # 0

I am running Win 7 with 8Gb memory FF10.2.2. Every thing takes an age to load with the progress bar at the bottom indicating "waiting for...". Even the initial connection to a site takes 30 seconds or so. Occasionally I get a message from AVG that FF is using excess memory 270Mb but I only have one tab open at any time. At present I have no "add-ons" loaded. Google Chrome loads all the same sites in a flash. My Netbook has no trouble with FF and operates normally. Any thoughts or suggestions please as I would prefer to go back to using FF if possible.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Worth uninstalling and reinstalling - back up your profile first but FF should retain it

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Waiting is it just on the PCA Site or every site that you go to.It has been Like that on the PCA site occasionally for over a fortnight.

Maybe download and run Adblock Plus to see if that helps.

Like this post
Ikarus

Likes # 0

Buteman - Waiting is on every site. I get the impression that somewhere along the line there is a hiccup for some reason. Since this happens only with FF I suspect it is something within the programme but that is not supported when others say they have no problem.

Fruit Bat - I have uninstalled FF using Revo uninstaller and re-installed it at least twice but with no improvement.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Ok then maybe its your profile that is corrupt.

I suggest you back up your favourites and passwords then uninstall. during the uninstall it should ask if you wish to remove all files and folders - make sure you do this.

Then reinstall and retry

(may even be worth re downloading the latest version.)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try creating a new profile (you will lose cookies, etc) Managing profiles

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Posted this a few weeks ago and PCA took the blame for it but to tell the truth it has not gone away,Like you say it happens on most sites and not just PCA,Some are quicker than others but this just started about the same time as the latest Firefox update.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/helproom/4121664/pca-and-the-new-firefox-update/

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger